Details of Shraddha Walkar murder case in Delhi

Aaftab Ameen Poonawala, a 28-year-old food blogger from Mumbai, was arrested on November 11 by Delhi Police for allegedly killing his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar at their flat in Chhatarpur area on May 18. He had tried to kill her before but changed his mind after she became emotional and started crying. On that day too, Aaftab and Shraddha had an argument surrounding the topic of marriage.

Details of Shraddha Walkar murder case in Delhi

Earlier it was revealed that Shraddha wanted to marry Aftab, but he was not ready. This led to frequent quarrels between the two.

He further told the police that Shraddha got angry with him every time he spoke to someone as she doubted his intentions, and the two also quarrelled about it frequently.

Aaftab had killed Shraddha on May 18, chopped her body parts into 35 pieces and dumped them in Mehrauli forest area over a period of 18 days. Police are still searching for Shraddha's head.

when the couple got into an argument on 18 May, Aaftab first beat up Shraddha, after which she fell unconscious. After she became unconscious, Aaftab sat on Shraddha's chest and killed her by strangling her.

After strangling Shraddha and dismembering her body, Aaftab allegedly bought a 300-litre refrigerator to store the parts, which he then threw away in parts of a forest in Delhi for 16 days.

Aaftab had cleaned the refrigerator and the room where the murder took place with hypochlorous acid, which is why forensic experts could not find any traces of blood.

As part of the ongoing investigation, police are likely to get the data from Aaftab's laptop on 16 November. They will also take statements from some of Aaftab's friends.

During the Delhi Police's initial investigation into the case, Aftab Amin initially told the police that Shraddha had left his residence on May 22 after the two had an argument. At that time, he said Shraddha had left all her belongings in his flat and had only her phone with her when she left. He further claimed that the two had no contact since then.

However, when the police checked the phone records of Aftab and Shraddha and investigated their locations, they got to the truth.

The police obtained the bank statements of Shraddha and Aftab, which showed that Rs 54,000 was transferred from Shraddha's net banking account to Aftab's account on 26 May. The said transaction exposed Aftab's lies in which he had earlier claimed that Shraddha was out of touch after 22 May and that he had not been in contact with her.

When the bank transfer of 26 May was traced, it turned out to be in the Mehrauli police station area, prompting the police to question Aftab about whether Shraddha had taken her phone with her when she left home and how the location could be traced to his home. To this, Aftab had no answer and eventually, after further interrogation by the police, he confessed to his crime.

The accused Aftab told police that he kept Shraddha's Instagram account updated for a month (until June) after her murder to "prevent doubts about her welfare and keep her alive in the eyes of her family and friends."

Vikas Madan Walkar, the father of the victim Shraddha, has expressed suspicion that the case is about a "love jihad" and demanded the death penalty for the accused.

He said, "I've a suspicion that it's a love jihad. We're demanding the death penalty for Aftab. I trust the Delhi Police and the investigation which is going in the right direction". Shraddha was close to her uncle and didn't talk to me much. I never had any contact with Aftab. I filed the first complaint in Vasai in Mumbai."

Bongaigaon times

Post a Comment